To: All Senators, Stakeholders and Media
From: Speaker Therese M. Terlaje, Chairperson
Subject: FIRST NOTICE of Public Hearing – Monday, July 18, 2022, beginning at 8:30 a.m.
Buenas yan Håfa Adai,
The Committee on Health, Land, Justice, and Culture will convene a public hearing, on Monday, July 18, 2022, beginning at 8:30 a.m., in the Guam Congress Building, Public Hearing Room, for the following agenda item:
• OVERSIGHT HEARING ON DPHSS TEMPORARY FOOD ASSISTANCE DISTRIBUTION: Status of $5 Million appropriated in FY2021 and FY2022 to the Department of Public Health & Social Services pursuant to Public Law 36-9, for the sole purpose of providing temporary assistance in the form of grants, to be distributed to local non-profit organizations that provide food and commodities for families with children, low-income children, homeless individuals, and unemployed individuals.
9: 30 AM:
• ROUNDTABLE HEARING ON EFFORTS TO REDUCE CRIMINAL SEXUAL CONDUCT: Efforts to deter and reduce Criminal Sexual Conduct, including a report on the effectiveness of penalties, assessment, testing, treatment, and rehabilitation, and a status update on the implementation of Public Law 35-71, Relative to Establishing a Standardized Risk Assessment and System of Treatment Programs for Criminal Sexual Conduct Offenders. Status updates and reports have been requested from the Judiciary of Guam /Probation Division, the Guam Behavioral Health & Wellness Center, the Department of Corrections/ Guam Parole Board, Guam Police Department, the Attorney General of Guam, and Public Defender Service Corporation.
• 317-36 (COR)- Therese M. Terlaje- “AN ACT TO AMEND §12212.1 OF ARTICLE 2, CHAPTER 12, TITLE 10, GUAM CODE ANNOTATED, RELATIVE TO PUBLIC DISCLOSURE OF PHYSICIAN PROFILES.”
• 318-36 (COR – Therese M. Terlaje- “AN ACT TO AMEND §12203 (a) OF ARTICLE 2, CHAPTER 12, TITLE 10, GUAM CODE ANNOTATED, RELATIVE TO THE COMPOSITION OF THE GUAM BOARD OF MEDICAL EXAMINERS.”
• 319-36 (COR)- Therese M. Terlaje, Telo T. Taitague- “AN ACT TO ADD A NEW CHAPTER 42C TO DIVISION 3, TITLE 7, GUAM CODE ANNOTATED, RELATIVE TO IMPLEMENTING THE “ENDING FORCED ARBITRATION OF SEXUAL ASSAULT AND SEXUAL HARASSMENT ACT OF 2021” INTO GUAM LAW.”
The public is invited to provide oral testimony on the 1:00 PM agenda items. Written testimony may be submitted via email email@example.com or hand delivered to the Office of Speaker Therese M. Terlaje at the Guam Congress Building.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals requiring special accommodations should contact the Office of Speaker Therese M. Terlaje at (671) 472-3586 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
All hearings broadcast on GTA TV Channel 21, Docomo Channel 117/112.4, and livestream on the Guam Legislature YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/GuamLegislatureMedia. This Ad was paid with Legislature Funds.